Tuesday, August 28, 2007

finally I get the parson's sick role model. well, sort of. now that I'm in it, duh. parsons is not tony parsons (who writes a good book, by the way), but talcott parsons, an american socialist from the 50s who came up with the concept that being sick is a social role. or rather, excuses the sick form their social roles. which I have definitely been neglecting for the past few days. doesn't help that I missed a friend's birthday during that time period. this is sad man. sorry, sam. part of condition of entry into the sick role is to want to get well. which I've been trying seeing I've been popping pills like sweets to a child. sucks, being sick.

you know what's worse than being sick? being sick away from home. this is home truly where I know I must be. indeed. haha.